i-pod/i-tunes question

LivEviL 16:55 02 Jan 2006

i reinstalled xp on a comp for my Girlfriends family comp! and her sis has an ipod and used itunes! i reinstalled all itunes ect so she can use her ipod! and put her songs back on form her ipod! but she says when she used to connect her ipod to itunes it updated her ipod to itunes! so like if she deleted a song on itunes it would delete on the ipod, she believes if she connects her ipod back to the new itunes it will erase all her songs on her ipod, i dont believe this will happen but as i dont have one i cant be 100% certain can someone back up the fact that it wont erase the ipods songs and that she can sync the i tunes to retreive the songs from the ipod!

bremner 17:03 02 Jan 2006

In Options you can choose to update all the playlists or any selection of playlists.

If you remove a song from any of the lists this will be reflected in the iPod when it is connected.

So if you have all for example all the lists selected for the iPod and you remove a single song from one of the lists then this will also be removed from the Pod when it is connected

LivEviL 17:05 02 Jan 2006

so if she connects her ipod with say 300 songs on to the itunes will it delete the songs on her ipod or not?

bremner 17:06 02 Jan 2006

As I said it will only delete songs on the iPod that have been removed from the iTunes playlists.

LivEviL 17:08 02 Jan 2006

ok but there arnt any songs on the itunes playlist so would that delete the ipod songs or upload the ipod songs to the playlist? basically does it sync itunes->ipod or ipod->itunes?

bremner 17:30 02 Jan 2006

It syncs the iPod to iTunes.

To get the songs from the iPod to the PC click here

LivEviL 17:50 02 Jan 2006

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache