i player and 64 bit computers

SURVEY 13:13 12 Dec 2013
Answered

I used to be able to download BBC programmes with iplayer and save to Media Player as it refused to save any other way on my previous laptop. Now with a revised iplayer interface so called 'improved' and with a newish 64 bit laptop I cannot download any programme.

I have read many instances via google of the near impossibility of using the iplayer download facility with 64 bit computers. Why?? I have tried everything I know including using 32 bit browsers and still no success.

Any solutions? Or any idea when the BBC might just get to grips with technology?

Mr Mistoffelees 14:07 12 Dec 2013

I have just tried it, I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I downloaded and installed the iPlayer download application, as requested by the iPlayer. I then tried downloading a programme and it proceeded without a problem.

Woolwell 15:24 12 Dec 2013
Answer

My download's don't start either. I don't think that it has anything to do with 64 bit but useless BBC systems.

SURVEY 19:50 13 Dec 2013

Mr, Mistoffelees - wish I knew how you managed it? I have tried several different browsers, reinstalled all that I can think of and yet it still refuses to download.

Woolwell - Tell me about it!! What is wrong with the BBC? With all of our money and their so-called invetsment in digital and technology, they cannot even get this system to work properly. I note from googling the problem that many people have the same bad experience.. If one reports the problem to the BBC, ther is no answer - sheer arrogance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires