i player and 64 bit computers

SURVEY 13:13 12 Dec 2013
Answered

I used to be able to download BBC programmes with iplayer and save to Media Player as it refused to save any other way on my previous laptop. Now with a revised iplayer interface so called 'improved' and with a newish 64 bit laptop I cannot download any programme.

I have read many instances via google of the near impossibility of using the iplayer download facility with 64 bit computers. Why?? I have tried everything I know including using 32 bit browsers and still no success.

Any solutions? Or any idea when the BBC might just get to grips with technology?

Mr Mistoffelees 14:07 12 Dec 2013

I have just tried it, I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I downloaded and installed the iPlayer download application, as requested by the iPlayer. I then tried downloading a programme and it proceeded without a problem.

Woolwell 15:24 12 Dec 2013
Answer

My download's don't start either. I don't think that it has anything to do with 64 bit but useless BBC systems.

SURVEY 19:50 13 Dec 2013

Mr, Mistoffelees - wish I knew how you managed it? I have tried several different browsers, reinstalled all that I can think of and yet it still refuses to download.

Woolwell - Tell me about it!! What is wrong with the BBC? With all of our money and their so-called invetsment in digital and technology, they cannot even get this system to work properly. I note from googling the problem that many people have the same bad experience.. If one reports the problem to the BBC, ther is no answer - sheer arrogance!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?