I need your valued knowledge..

cadx 18:45 21 Jun 2009

I am going to purchase a new printer and I am undecided on which to buy, I know many of you have had the experience in dealing with all equipment concerning computers therefore would like you to give me a couple of choices as I know your not keen on displaying your preferences.
I want a printer thats quiet, prints good photographs and copies and that the cartridges are not too expensive. I am 62 and I would like to be able to just know what to buy without pondering at the store, thank you.

woodchip 18:58 21 Jun 2009

Then you need a all-in-one Printer-scanner. My prefs are Epson, Other will say there choice but Carts can be had cheap if you use compatibles click here
check reviews. you may want a better one.

woodchip 19:02 21 Jun 2009

Compats first then Original Epson click here

cadx 19:29 21 Jun 2009

Compatible with: Epson Stylus D120 - Epson Stylus D92 - Epson Stylus DX4050 - Epson Stylus DX4400 - Epson Stylus DX4450 - Epson Stylus DX5000 - Epson Stylus DX6000 - Epson Stylus DX6050 - Epson Stylus DX7000F - Epson Stylus DX7400 - Epson Stylus DX7450 - Epson Stylus DX8400 - Epson Stylus DX8450 - Epson Stylus DX9400(F) - Epson Stylus S20 - Epson Stylus SX200 - Epson Stylus SX405 - Epson Stylus SX600FW -

well...so many different sorts, could you direct me please woodchip, thank you.

DieSse 20:04 21 Jun 2009

You choose your printer first - then look for the appropriate cartridges.

Epson printers don't come much cheaper than this

click here

Personally I prefer HP printers . more expensive cartridges but they tend to last much longer (no cleaning cycles to waste ink).

click here for the lowest priced HP.

cadx 20:28 21 Jun 2009

I know you choose your printer first but as there was so many different ones thought he could advise me on a couple, the one you linked me t DieSse is slow and noisy...sorry...but I want to make sure that am getting a good Printer, even paying a little more.

DieSse 20:43 21 Jun 2009

If you want a personal recommendation, I use an HP Officejet J4580. It's excellent, quiet, and produces great prints.

If I was choosing today I would probably go for this

click here

as I don't much use the faxing or multi-sheet feeder on the J4580.

chub_tor 20:59 21 Jun 2009

click here will give you reviews of the most popular printers. Personally I like Canon now, I was an Epson fan but I really like the separate print head on the Canon and the really cheap compatible cartridges. I have the MP610 multi function, now superseded by the 620. Scanner, Copier, Printer, Card ports and will print direct from most cameras.

cadx 21:00 21 Jun 2009

the second link of a printer is very impressive I must say and I think I have made my decision, thank you both very much for your help in helping me to decide.

cadx 21:02 21 Jun 2009

will check your printer out too chub_tor, thank you.

cadx 21:05 21 Jun 2009

I have decided on the printer from dieSse as the papers are hidden and not on display to get dusty as my original printer...thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?