i need some help guys!

willymagic 14:33 05 Jan 2006

im looking at buying a second computer for my home and i have seen one on ebay that fits my requirements, the guy will end the auction early if i stump up £275, could anyone take a look and see if this is good value. heres the computer click here

many thanks in advance

will

Chegs ®™ 14:50 05 Jan 2006

Not a bad spec for that price,although the ATI card has been superceded with more powerful versions.The seller states its 768Mbs RAM but not whether its SD-RAM/DDR,etc.The speakers look like tat.If you think it will serve its purpose,go ahead.

SANTOS7 14:57 05 Jan 2006

Pickup only - see item description for details
Collection only unless you would like to arrange your own courier to pick it up.

£275 + fee for collection and delivery unless you live within driving distance might be an idea to find out how much it is going ti cost for this first...

961 15:02 05 Jan 2006

Sorry but I'd go for new basic job from Dell or similar

You really have little come back if it does not work well. For very little more you save that hassle

willymagic 15:11 05 Jan 2006

Chegs.. many thanks mate, interesting advice, as a second computer it should serve its purpose..

Santos7..luckily the seller lives in my home town so it wont cost me anything, thats what attracted me to this offer even more!

961.. im hearing you bud and i know what your saying, if it was my main computer then i would plum for a new one but just as a second computer then it should be ok.. thanks again though

Skills 15:15 05 Jan 2006

I too think the specs are not to bad for the price, prehaps speak to the seller and see if you could go round and look at the item first and try it out. That way you can at least make sure that it operates ok before you part with your cash.

I am also of the mid that you can pick up a new system for not much more and if you have a spare monitor and the like you could just get a base unit.

SANTOS7 15:16 05 Jan 2006

If you live closeby why not ask if you can see it up and running, might give you bit more piece of mind,good luck....

willymagic 15:23 05 Jan 2006

skills.. i was looking at just getting the base unit before this popped up funnily enough, i might say £250 maximun price and see what he says! if he takes it fine, if not then i might just get the base unit! cheers.

santos.. i think i might just do that! like you say for piece of mind. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017