I need to share some large files

adam32 18:20 02 Nov 2011

I need to share a small number of fairly large files (around 12-18MB) that are beyond what my ISP apparently accepts as e-mail attachments. Is there a free web service to which I can upload these files, send a link to the intended recipient, and then delete the files once they are no longer needed? I don't know whether such a service exists or what it would be called.

gengiscant 18:51 02 Nov 2011

Why not use Dropbox Here. you get 2 GB of space and you can share a folder with whoever you want and move the files you want to share and they will appear in the shared folder on the recipients PC. I used it with a guy in France to pass user manuals and PDF's to him. Works very well indeed.

adam32 19:01 02 Nov 2011

When I clicked on your link, I got to a page telling me to "download Dropbox". I don't want anything that involves software, least of all anything that someone else would need to have installed: I just want a website service.

robin_x 20:37 02 Nov 2011

Try uploading.com. I haven't used it myself.

iscanut 21:27 02 Nov 2011

You might have said thanks to gengiscant !

adam32 23:01 02 Nov 2011

What, for not reading my question fully?

adam32 23:45 02 Nov 2011

Hey, a respondent who does not read questions properly. How the hell are you supposed to search for something if you don't know what it's called???

iscanut 09:57 03 Nov 2011

How about thanking Lazurus then, he pointed you in the right direction but all he got was an ill mannered response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?