I need new Ex HD?

Miros 22:34 27 Oct 2006

Can any one out there help me or recommend a new external hard drive. I have been doing a little search on the web came across this web site click here .It looks OK to me has anybody had any dealings with Eropc if so would you recommend them? Cheers Miros.

Strawballs 22:51 27 Oct 2006

click here This site I can recomend.

woodchip 22:54 27 Oct 2006

Well I Put my own together, with a Caddy and a Seagate Barracuda 200Gb drive

wjrt 23:05 27 Oct 2006

click here

taking postage and vat into account better bargain

Miros 23:19 27 Oct 2006

Thanks guys. The Amazon deal does look good when postal charges are allowed for. What about Western Digital, do they come recomended?

Meshuga 00:15 28 Oct 2006

Miros, I`ve just bought a Western Digital external HD and it works fine. Automatically installed itself and gets its power from the USB socket.

squashman 00:35 28 Oct 2006

also have a western digital 250, which has been excellent from word go

Miros 01:37 28 Oct 2006

That's just what I wanted to hear, think I'll go ahead and order one, thanks.

wee eddie 10:58 28 Oct 2006

I also have a WD External HDD, the one with the Media Cards on it. Neat - It does just what it says on the box.

Ikelos 11:23 28 Oct 2006

My Maxtor packed up after a couple of years, mind you it was left on all the time, last week i got a western digital 250gb "my book" from amazon, at least this one switches off when the PC shuts down..

wee eddie 12:01 28 Oct 2006

My old Maxtor was the same. you effectively crashed it every time you tried to turn it off. It died last year as well.

I believe the new Maxtor's have an On/Off system now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?