I need help in choosing a photo editing programme

GrannyA 20:10 22 Feb 2015

I had a Micrisoft Digital Imagag programme for years which I really loved, but lost it when my PC went down losing all programmes. Is there one similar either on the market or for free? I can't get my head around Photoshop which a friend uses. It's too complicated. I want to easily download from my camera ,edit in a few ways and easily copy to desktop. Any advise woukd be most welcome. Thank you. Granny A

The Kestrel 20:16 22 Feb 2015

Picasa is a popular freeware photo editing program. You can download it from click here which is a safe site. Give it a try and if it doesn't work for you delete it from your PC.

AroundAgain 21:19 22 Feb 2015

Windows Live Photo Gallery is MS free photo editing program that has superceded Digital Imaging. This is available in Windows Essentials for Win 7 and 8/8.1

If you have Vista, it seems Windows Photo Gallery is part of Vista.

I've not used either but have gleaned this from Wikipedia

Hope this is helpful

hzhzhzhz 01:39 23 Feb 2015

Try Photofiltre. I've used it for many years now for jpegs.

Ian in Northampton 07:37 23 Feb 2015

I'm a big fan of IrfanView.

Daisy_Michael 08:14 23 Feb 2015

When it comes to free option, Picasa is the best one and if you are looking to buy one, there's nothing better than ACDSee!

GrannyA 18:00 25 Feb 2015

Thank you all for your help. Now that I know names of programmes I can research a bit more and decide. Many thanks GrannyA

john bunyan 19:01 25 Feb 2015

I would try Paint.net (free and good)

Paint - Filehippo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?