I need help with Aceropwer Desktop PC

bellababy 21:33 14 Sep 2006

Can any one help I need to gain access into an Acerpower desktop to add more RAM looks to me like I need to prise off a side panel, has anyone experience of this PC? Before I started I had a look at the online manual which gave very little info, now I'm stumped.

Rossi#1 21:37 14 Sep 2006

Which model is it?

Rossi#1 21:41 14 Sep 2006

Actually thats not needed.If you turn the case on its side you should see one or two screws holding the side in place.
But be very careful once it is open for it takes very little static to short your mobo.

bellababy 21:55 14 Sep 2006

It is an Acerpower F1. That's the problem I can't see any screws, it looks to me like the cabinet is made up a three sided piece and one that maybe slotted on which I think I'll have to prise off, but reluctant to go further till I'm sure. excuse delay replying I'm now working on a very old laptop which is slow slow slow, and at same time I'm updating it's anti-virus which is 12 months out of date, so everything is taking forever.

bellababy 23:37 14 Sep 2006

Just noticed the error in my title!
If anyone is interested I have solved the problem, it doesn't lift off it slides off,(the side panel and I was right there are no screws) too late now to go further tonight I'll have another look tomorrow.

bellababy 11:42 15 Sep 2006

JUST IN CASE ANYONE ELSE IS FOLLOWING THIS,
( apologies to Rossi#1) HE WAS RIGHT THERE WERE TWO SCREWS, I HAD FORGOTTEN THAT I HAD ALREADY TAKEN THEM OFF, IT WAS WHEN I CAME TO RE ASSEMBLE THAT I DISCOVERED MY MISTAKE. OTHERWISE THE INFO IS CORRECT.

Rossi#1 12:33 15 Sep 2006

Im assuming you have the correct RAM to install and possess an ESD wriststrap at the least bellababy?
Other than that its normally a simple process of installation.

bellababy 13:01 15 Sep 2006

Yes thanks. All done and dusted now running like a dream, well worth the effort!Purchased a ESD wriststrap and used it so no mishaps at all.
I had already checked out which RAM in another tread so had the correct one.
Thanks again.

bellababy 13:27 15 Sep 2006

Took the opportunity to give the inside a thorougher cleaning using an air duster while the cover was off as I have been doing a lot of renovation work this year, and white building dust got into everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?