I need advise on products for a new build.

martinp123 11:53 07 May 2015

Hey, I bought a PC from a friend about a year ago and i have been slowly changing out parts to attempt to keep it up-to-date. I am wanting to upgrade from an i5 to an i7, doing so requires me to change my motherboard. This is because my current motherboard has the old 1156 slot for the CPU. However in doing that (also to fit in everything i want), i will potentially need a new case as the one i have is a micro case that fits my motherboard.

What i am asking is can somebody please advise me on a case + motherboard + i7 cpu that i can acquire. I have good Ram, PSU and a Graphics card that i know are interchangeable. I want good value for money but it isn't an issue. I would be very grateful if anyone could link me products that work well together.

Thanks alot.

Jollyjohn 12:33 07 May 2015

Google for upgrade bundles - one result here click here The advantage of a bundle is that the seller guarantees the components work together. Have a look at PC World you can put together your own bundle, start with the case, and see how the prices compare.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017