I need advice about finding a good media player?

Triprajul 17:44 03 Nov 2009

Greetings:

I am having some serious problems with my computer's media players software. My wife has this collection of MASH (an American TV series) on DVDS but we can no longer play them.

Recently, I got my computer from the shop. Before this visit, the DVDs worked perfectly in our computer's DVD player. However, they don't work now.

I am supposed to have Windows Media Player (or WMP) but it turned out I didn't. The weird thing is that I even though deleted, using the Add/Remove option in the Control Panel, all the files (even though they were not working anyway) associated with WMP, when I put a DVD in the player, this “phantom” WMP window pops up. It seems to indicate that this is the first step for installing WMP but the pop-up has no “buttons” to click so that I can proceed further. Just a “dead” window. Weird.

I have Real Player but it doesn’t work with these DVDs. I even deleted the Real Player program on my computer and even installed a new download from the Real Player website but it still doesn’t work with the DVDs in question.

The question I have for this Forum is where can I get a good, free media player off the Internet? Yes, perhaps WMP and Real Player are the industry standards but perhaps there is some just as good out there for free. Any recommendations or advice are appreciated.

Kevscar1 18:23 03 Nov 2009

By coincidence I recieved my CNET downloade e-mail today.
Main subject was top 5 free software programs accordong to internet users.
The top program is exactly what you are looking for.

click here

BRYNIT 18:23 03 Nov 2009

Media Player is part of Windows.

Are these DVD British or American. DVD Regions Explained click here

Have you tried system restore to a date before the DVD's did not work.

You could try VCL Media Player click here

Kevscar1 18:24 03 Nov 2009

BRYNIT
beat you

weistar 02:55 04 Nov 2009

KMplayer is an excellent media player from South Korea. It Supports almost all kinds of video and music form document that you can see on the Internet and multi-lingual.

DOWNLOAD?click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?