I know this is probably a silly question but...

stacib 12:04 01 Aug 2006

....the thing is I am at my parents house for the summer and they have a Netgear router.
My query is that does every computer in the house need to have its own WG111T Wireless USB Adapter or can every computer in the house share just one.

Eric10 12:29 01 Aug 2006

Each PC connecting to the wireless network needs a wireless adapter of its own but it doesn't necessarily have to be a WG111T.

ade.h 14:58 01 Aug 2006

If you are thinking of installing the adapter's device driver on each client and using it only with whatever client you wish to use at that time, the answer is yes, you can do that.

Forum Editor 19:04 01 Aug 2006

that it might be worth your while just to buy one for your computer, then you wouldn't have to faff around changing your parents' one from machine to machine.

You don't have tyo get the same model - any USB wireless adapter will do the job.

stacib 00:49 02 Aug 2006

So which USB wireless adapter would be the best to buy for my compaq laptop.

Forum Editor 08:18 02 Aug 2006
  sikefula 09:30 02 Aug 2006

...agreed,but shop around for a better price of same item,Amazon,PC World (yes PCW!) etc-you can save at least a tenner on the price from ebuyer-consider postage as well!

sikefula 09:47 02 Aug 2006

...bought mine ( for £11.50) from them over a year ago,has perfomed faultlessly ever since

...click on the PriceList to see the full item list and prices:

click here

stacib 13:41 03 Aug 2006

Would I be able to use the internet wherever I go. e.g. if i go back home after the holidays, would I be able to use the internet there.

I ask this because I don't want to spend too much money on something that I can only use at my parents house.

Eric10 14:09 03 Aug 2006

When you return home you should be able to revert back to whatever you are using now but unless you get a wireless router yourself then the wireless adapter will be surplus to requirements. You would be able to login to wireless access points in hotels etc. but they charge you for this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?