I know this is a pathetic question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigal1808 21:04 31 May 2008

I've just bought a microsoft laser keyboard 6000 v2, and it's got a raised wristrest on it.
Underneath the fake suede, there is a section which looks as though it ought to come off, which is what I'd like to do 'cos I think it's too high.
Does it come off?????????
How?????????
I don't want to break it.
thanks for any advice.
Allan

Technotiger 21:28 31 May 2008

Reversed Slope Palm Lift
Removable palm lift for a more natural wrist position.

#
Detachable Palm Rest
Work in the position that's most comfortable for you with detachable palm rest and adjustable keyboard legs.

The above is quoted from the items description, so yes it does come off, in fact it looks as if two parts come off - the palm lift and the palm rest! Usually just plastic clips, just needs a bit of care, as well as a bit of pressure. Though my own is different.

Technotiger 21:30 31 May 2008

PS - did you not have Instructions with it? Either on paper or on CD?

bigal1808 21:41 31 May 2008

Your right, the palm lift does come off - I've just done it - but I have broken 1 of the clips.

Now I know, it's really easy - I was trying to unclip it and take it AWAY from the keyboard.
All you have to do is turn the k/board over and PUSH the palm lift IN towards the centre, then it lifts off.
Anyway, thanks for your help, and , no, I had no instructions - just the software - I bought it at a show and it came in a plain brown box.
thanks
Allan

Technotiger 21:45 31 May 2008

OK - pity about the broken clip, but I am sure it is still fully usable anyway.

BTW - on this Forum there is no such thing as a pathetic question, as long as a question is Genuine then that is fine.

Cheers.

bigal1808 21:46 31 May 2008

thanks

laurie53 09:36 01 Jun 2008

That is not a pathetic question.

If ever I get one of these keyboards I know now how to remove the wristrest. Thanks.

All info is useful, and "knowledge is power".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017