I Keep Having To Log In To All Sites, Help Please?

Green 1 01:26 23 Jun 2009

I hope you can help me, I have put this up a while ago on here, every time I come back to this and other regular sites I visit I have to re-log onto the site, this never used to happen, I have all the relevant cookies in the folder but still have no joy, you good people did try to help me the last time I asked but some of the replies were above my VERY limited skills, (Silver Surfer) please can anybody help me with this one, I am on XP,my computer is an Advent T9207. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

kellysbouncas@sky.com 07:10 23 Jun 2009

try Roboform and if you like it buy it
The trial form allows up to 10 memories to be saved so that you can login by simply clicking on Roboform and saving your login details just for those 10 websites
You can create a login password for Robo so that "only you" can use it but once you have opened Robo you do not need to do so again until you retsart your PC
If you buy robo you have unlimited logins you can save so you never need to remember web logins
I also save my logins a reg receipts into a secure word document juts in case for whatever rason my PC crashes just a safety device for me
I too am a silver surfer per se

mooly 07:13 23 Jun 2009

Couple of things come to mind.
If you are using IE7 or 8 just double check your security settings are not to high. Click "tools" then "internet options" on the IE toolbar and look under security. Make sure it's on "med high" should prompt and say suitable for most web sites. Also make sure you haven't got it to delete all your history everytime you shut down. Look under tools/internet options again and check on the "general" tab that it's not set to auto delete.
Most sites such as this have a "box" to tick that says "remember me" on this computer etc. Think it might be under "My profile" on here, keep looking down the page.
Are you running any other "cleanup" programs such as CCleaner ?

Green 1 01:32 24 Jun 2009

Many thanks for the replies, I will try Roboform, though at one time I never needed any more than the cookies, I am on IE6, Once again, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?