I keep getting logged out from these forums

Armchair 12:37 29 Mar 2009

It just happened again! I clicked on 'Start new subject', and got logged out immediately. yesterday I was typing away at an epic post that took minutes to compose, but when I tried post it I was logged out. This is irritating, though not fatal.

Probably a simple explanation for it.............

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 29 Mar 2009

Go to My Profile. There is a box to tick 'Keep me logged in'.

Forum Editor 12:48 29 Mar 2009

We all know that feeling. Why not do as many forum users do - type the epics into a word processor first, and then, when your prose has been honed and polished, paste it into the forum.

Armchair 12:50 29 Mar 2009

Thanks, FB. Done.

FE, good idea. I do get carried away sometimes. Usually when I'm waffling on about eons dead computer formats and arcade games of Yore, lol.

birdface 13:23 29 Mar 2009

It happens to me every day.I have keep me logged in ticked but it keeps logging me out usually if I have left the computer to go for a cuppa.I am almost sure its an I.E fault.

Armchair 13:27 29 Mar 2009

I'm using the latest Firefox atm. IE kept freezing on me. I've only just got back online after a seven month absence, and it probably needs updating. Only use it for email, anyway.

birdface 13:52 29 Mar 2009

I don't have a problem with it on Firefox.just don't like Firefox.
I.E7 you could try disabling your add-ons and see if that helps.or tools Internet Options and press reset.That puts I.E back to its original state.
But if you are quite happy with Firefox may be better just using that in case you get any problems with I.E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?