I keep getting a code 10...

ionsurge 17:16 20 Apr 2003

I have this problem:

When I put in a graphics card into my AGP slot, everything seems fine, in that Windows knows it is there, displays in the correct display depth, and I can see the little boot up screen in before I see the BIOS screen.

But Windows keeps telling me that the device cannot start, and I have no idea why...

I have downloaded the latest Detonator drivers from NVIDIA, and still no luck, I keep getting the same error.

I don't think that it has anything to do with my Motherboard, otherwise why does Windows XP Pro know that I have changed my graphics card at all. (I have swapped my new GeFOrce with my old GeForce).

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Ionsurge.

TOPCAT® 17:59 20 Apr 2003

Code 10 means Windows did not properly assign an IRQ to the device.

click here

spuds 18:59 20 Apr 2003

Possible due to low power supply or bad connection. Remove graphics card, check for dust and connector seating. Re-install card firmly into slot. See if that works.

ionsurge 15:25 21 Apr 2003

Sorry for the late reply, Opera started to play up on me...

@TopCat : Windows hasn't even tried to assign an IRQ to it, saying that Windows XP Pro can't because it is not working properly.

@spuds: Tried, even dusted out all the whole machine, and nothing.. :(

Oh and the graphics cards work, I have tried and tested them on a friends machine.

3ToedSloth 15:32 21 Apr 2003

there is sometimes an option in the bios to reserve an irq for you grahics card-is that enabled?

ionsurge 15:35 21 Apr 2003

Checking that...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?