I have a Samsung S24C750P Monitor I want to calibrate

mctrout 14:53 30 Dec 2014

I have a Samsung Monitor S24C750P that I want to calibrate with Spyder 4 PRO. This is the first I am using Spyder 4 Pro. I wants me to set the colour temperature of the monitor to 6500K, but there are no list of temperatures just a list of cool I, cool 2, Normal, warm 1, warm 2, custom. Whatever I choose from the reading I get on the Spyder programme says 5000K. & the screen varies from a light blue hue to a sepia one. Can anyone please help me find the 6500K on this monitor, as buying the monitor & sppyder seems a expensive waste of time & money. Thanks Mac

northumbria61 17:29 30 Dec 2014

Read Samsung S24C750P Review

AND Review

You MAY find something to help

hssutton 17:48 30 Dec 2014

I have the earlier model, so there will be some differences, but I imagine these will be minor. My understanding of the Spyder four is that it asks you to input the gamma you require (2.2). the White Point (6500)and the Brightness (120. However these sre the default settings so just answer the basic questions and then let the Spyder do it's stuff. On my version after the program has been running for a few minutes it's usually necessary to adjust the RGB setting, probably several times initially.

Before running the software I would suggest you set the colour temperature to normal. The Spyder software will set the required Gamma.

mctrout 19:21 30 Dec 2014

Thanks for replying, I suppose I am like everybody who doesn't know much about calibrating monitors.We expect a bit of plastic to do it all. I will read the review & set the temperature to normal& go from there. I have had a go & the screen looks a lot better & I expect I can get it even better with a bit of fiddling with the dials. Thanks again Mac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?