I have really messed up this time...:@(

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 23:38 25 Aug 2004

If anyone has ever followed my threads they will by now know that I am having real problems with my PC....But now my probems have become desperate.

I think I pressed 'original configuration' or something. Anyway I am now unable to write anything in any web page. I can get into a site, but unable to enter search text into google, or I am unable to log into any site that I am registered (including this one). I have lost MSN, and can't send any mail via outlook. This is happening on every web page I open. (I am sending this from work). I hope someone here has a simple answer to my problem.

Yours always in hope...:@)

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 23:39 25 Aug 2004

Windows 98...:@)

johnnyrocker 00:04 26 Aug 2004

have you tried system restore? it goes something like scanreg /restore if i have this right it should give you about 5 last good boots prior to you fiddling.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:05 26 Aug 2004

have you tried system restore? it goes something like scanreg /restore if i have this right it should give you about 5 last good boots prior to you fiddling.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:05 26 Aug 2004

johnny.

johnnyrocker 00:06 26 Aug 2004

oops a tad impatient ;)

johnny.

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 00:12 26 Aug 2004

I have not tried scanreg, but I am unsure whether this will solve it. Like I say I can't even put in a search criteria in a search engine. All my contacts have disapeared in outlook, and it tells me an error has occured if I try and add someone to my address book. When i try log onto MSN I am told there is an update I MUST download, yet errors when i try, and invites me to go to MSN web site. but from here I can't do anything. Is it possible I have 'blocked' myself from entering text into web pages????

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 00:13 26 Aug 2004

it should give you about 5 last good boots prior to you fiddling.

hugh-265156 00:13 26 Aug 2004

windows 98 has no system restore unfortunatly so im not sure. when you say you "I think I pressed 'original configuration' or something" what do you mean please? ie/ was this regarding internet explorer or your recovery software/ windows disc for example?

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 00:17 26 Aug 2004

It was something that proceeded (or it appeared to) reset everything. When I did it I lost my system tray, but went into recycle bin and restored everything I had deleted. Everything seemed to go back to normal, exept this problem

johnnyrocker 00:17 26 Aug 2004

the restore bit is the clue i am not quite sure if i have the run bit right but think i have and what happens when you run it it will give you an option of about 5 dates or so when the machine last had good boots and the idea is to select a date before when the changes were made which are causing the problem.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)