I have problem with (Logical disk manager)

habs 19:33 30 Jan 2004

Hi everybody

Please i need your help.I have windows XP home edition,1024SDRAM memory,DirectX9.

I have 200GB Hard disk, i format hard disk,and reinstall windows xp, i update all the files in windows update including SP1.My BIOS can see 200GB, but in logical Disk manager, in disk managment, found in:
Control panel,performance,maintenance,administrative tools,computer managment,disk managment. I found out my computer can only see 127GB, and 58GB UNALLOCATED.

This error happened after i installed partition magic 8, it was my biggest mistake to install this software.Before installing Partition magic8 i used to see 191GB,instead of 127GB and 58GB Unallocated.

I tried to install another partition using the 58 GB UNALLOCATED partition,an error popup saying:
-Logical disk manager
The disk configuration did not complete.Check the system event log for more information on the error.Verify the status of your storage before retrying.If that does not solve the problem, close disk managment or restart computer.

I restarted my computer so many times,and opened disk mangment so many time as well, nothing help the same error message.

Can somebody help me please.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.
habib

jazzypop 19:54 30 Jan 2004

First, check that you have 48-bit LBA set properly - see click here for how.

If that doesn't fix it, and you have a Maxtor drive, see click here

habs 20:42 30 Jan 2004

I would like to thank you for the quick reply i received from you.

My Bios can see 200GB western digital.

My windows update is up to date with SP1 installed.

Thank you so much
habib

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?