I have no sound on computer

sidami 17:02 18 Oct 2008

Can anyone tell me how to get my sound back please.
S

iqs 17:48 18 Oct 2008

Simple check first,have you checked that the speaker lead has not come unplugged?.

Have you recently installed or uninstalled any apps?.

If all of the above is no,then right My Computer from the start menu,and click on Manage,then Device Manager.

Look for the Sound option,look for a question mark.If present,then there is a problem,if no question mark,then post back

sidami 22:00 18 Oct 2008

Hi do you mean sound video and game controllers if so I havn't got a question mark next to it I have a - and an icon that looks like a loud speaker?
Thankyou for taking the time to help me

mocha 04:17 19 Oct 2008

Hi sidami,

At the bottom right of your monitor you should have a few icons, one of these being a loudspeaker, right click this icon and you should get a menu, look for volume mixer or similar and left click this item, make sure all mixer volumes are at the top.

Good Luck.

iqs 10:28 19 Oct 2008

Well then there's no problems with your drivers.A good start.

Do as mocha suggests,if that ok,go to control panel,sound speech and audio devices ,then sound and audio devices.

Click on all the Tabs,make sure each is correct,the vol is not muted,speaker vol is high,and on the advanced Tab,make sure you have selected the correct speaker set up .

Hope this helps

sidami 19:48 19 Oct 2008

I don't have an icon for a loudspeeker?

mocha 21:18 19 Oct 2008

Hi sidami,

Depends which windows you're running, xp or vista. Do as iqs suggests 'go to control panel', but you may not see exactly what iqs says, look carefully through all items in control panel for anything related to audio. Mine says 'Realtek audio Manager'. Once you have found it follow iqs advice.

Good Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?