I have a file called S1/

Jonah(without the whale) 00:16 23 Nov 2006

I have a file called S1/

Help please
I have a file caled S1/ in a temporary internet folder. The desciption of it calls it a cookie and there follows an offensive set of characters that look like an address, Having said that, my problem is that it will be be deleted either by McAfee or manually. Has anyone an ida as to how I can get rid of it?
Cheers

Totally-braindead 00:53 23 Nov 2006

If McAfee will delete it why not just let it do so? Or do you mean McAfee will not delete it?

Jonah(without the whale) 07:46 23 Nov 2006

What I shouls have said, and checkd what I'd written, was thast McAfee will not delete it.
Sorry about that.

vinnyT 12:12 23 Nov 2006

Does deleting the files from your browers not work, in ie, I think it is, Tools -Internet options -Delete temp files.

If that dosn't help, then this prog may, Unlocker click here, the web page gives all the details on what it is and how to use it.

I've had to use occasionally, when Ive had similar probs to yours.

Hope this helps.

Totally-braindead 14:43 23 Nov 2006

You could also try Ccleaner and run it, one of the things it can do is delete all cookies which would solve your problem click here Alternatively have you tried just right clicking on it and going to delete?

Jonah(without the whale) 20:47 23 Nov 2006

Thanks for these ideas folk. I have tried deleting using the browser facilties, and right clicking but no luck. I will try the links as suggested and return with news. I'll also try to spell a little better too.
Cheers

Jonah(without the whale) 21:15 23 Nov 2006

I tried Unlocker (thanks VinnyT) although when I tried to delete the file I did not get any message at all. Anyway, it downloaded but would not start.
I checked out Ccleaner, as suggested by Totally-braindead - what a suite of programs! I have managed to clear out all sorts of, well, the C in Ccleaner stands for crap, including my unwanted file, so thanks T-bd, my problem is solved.
Thnaks to everye who read this and responded - probably the most useful resource available.

Totally-braindead 21:25 23 Nov 2006

I think Ccleaner is one of the most useful free programs I have ever had and I'm glad it sorted things out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone