I have a bot and was wondering

RyanTech 20:41 09 Aug 2009

I have a bot on my computer. now it keeps tring to connect to it's remote comtuper. now my firwall stops in doing so it tells the me IP of where it's tring to get to. can that IP help anyone track down the person behide the bot etc. at the moment I'm getting the plesure of pressing DENY every time it trys to connect.

by the way don't need help in removing of evenything
Edit/Delete Message

On the same note I was wondering how would be best to find about more about it.
here is a reg key malwarebytes deleted
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\taskman (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

thing that bugs me is that while ESET (SS) blocks it conection it didn't find/does think the app it's self is of any harm. by the way the app is call taskeng.exe

i'm interested in finding more about it is because the way it's trying to spread it's self .i.e it's posts a link when in a convo in live messenger (olny recipent can see link).

bluto1 21:46 09 Aug 2009

Have you done another sweep of your computer to make sure it didn't leave any traces behind. If you can do this with System Restore OFF it would be even better. Any malware sometimes hides in there. Best of luck, hope you get original question answered.

RyanTech 21:52 09 Aug 2009

don't worry have have special tools to remove it with. i won't even be in windows when i complete remove it
reading a white paper on ESET at the moment and came across the Shadowserver

lotvic 22:02 09 Aug 2009

For the bot take your pick of information from google search results click here

you could also enter the IP you got into Whois By IP Address click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone