I have been infected with the 'Facebook' Virus

andywolve 07:30 04 Mar 2009

Hello,

I stupidly clicked on a link which turned out to have a virus attached, not having any anti virus software due to being skint I did not have any warnings if i proceeded.

I then realised something was up when I was trying to do my Assignments and google search was hijacked and kept diverting through Findfebruary.com I downloaded many spyware tools to get rid of it, but none could find it, but apart from where I had to pay to one, Also I found out it was files NFR.DLL - I stopped it from loading up at the start.

Its still in my computer, and in my registry and as no software can find it. Should I reinfect my computer so hopefully I can fully remove from there?

Could you please help me try and remove it.
At the moment my laptop seems to behaving itself and the only piece of software which is unable to work is Windows Live Messenger.

Please help....

recap 08:24 04 Mar 2009

The free version of AVG may be what you require andywolve click here for the free download.

andywolve 08:40 04 Mar 2009

thank you I am in progresss of downloading the software.

I have tried to do a windows update - looks like the virus decided to disable my system restore, and updates - Windows Update cannot connect to the internet. I have managed to get messenger back online.

Help...

scubaseven 08:47 04 Mar 2009

Avast is free also, and good
Download.com has a heap of stuff for free/trial

bobbybowls 08:48 04 Mar 2009

you do not have to pay for anti spy ware and removal programs. there are many excellent free programs,
read this
click here
scroll down this page
click here
many members of the forum use these free programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?