I fell for hoax help!

aboutit 17:46 13 Aug 2003

Alright too late I fell for hoax jdbgmgr.exe and deleted the teddy. I run Windows XP and I`ve looked at Microsoft and symnatec and I can`t seem to be able to download it. Can anyone please help

Steven135 17:48 13 Aug 2003

Don't worry you do not need the file jbgmgr.exe unless you want to do programming.

wiznyme 17:48 13 Aug 2003

click here;en-us;Q322993

wiznyme 17:50 13 Aug 2003

Forgot about the probs with MS links, the relevent section is:

Recovery
The Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java (Jdbgmgr.exe) is only used by Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 developers.

If you follow the e-mail message instructions and delete this file, you do not have to recover it unless you use Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs on Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 98, or Windows 95.

For Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 98, and Windows 95:

The Microsoft VM is not available as a Web download. For information on the availability of the Microsoft VM in Windows XP, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
click here

Windows 2000:

The Windows 2000 File Protection feature will recover the file. For additional information about the Windows 2000 File Protection feature, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
222193 Description of the Windows File Protection Feature

Windows Millennium Edition (Me): The Windows Me System File Protection feature will recover the file. For additional information about the Windows Me File Protection feature, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
253571 Description of the System File Protection Feature

aboutit 18:09 13 Aug 2003

I`ve been to the site suggested but I can`t see any download for windows XP

Pauper 18:22 13 Aug 2003

Info at the bottom of this one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017