I E 8

vulcan 617 16:50 20 Jun 2009

hi guys, i now have my yellow shield up on my taskbar , saying that IE 8 is ready to be installed, but at the moment i have chickened away from this subject, do i go for it or keep with IE7, as it is on my windows update page all the time like the yellow shield, the thing is i am
still a novice at this game so if i get problems, i struggle at times. thanks guys.

Zak 16:53 20 Jun 2009

If you don't like it, you can always revert to IE7

Graphicool1 16:55 20 Jun 2009

It's down to you really. Are you unhappy with IE7. If not, why change? If you'd like to try IE8 go for it, no problem. If you don't like it just uninstal it and IE7 will still be there for you to carry on with. Remember, it's only a problem if you make it one.

mooly 18:14 20 Jun 2009

If it's on windows update should be fine. Now I have got used to IE8 I use that and nothing else.

Pine Man 19:25 20 Jun 2009

It's much better than IE7 and nearly as fast as Firefox;-))

vulcan 617 22:49 20 Jun 2009

thanks alot guys will leave it for a while and then re-think. thanks again for your help.

FatboySlim71 23:11 20 Jun 2009

I agree if you don't like IE8 you can easily un-install and you will have IE7 back.

I will be the first to admit that I have had problems with IE8, in the shape of the auto complete not showing the remember password prompt, but after some help on here someone recommended Roboform click here

It basically performs like auto complete but has loads of other useful features too. If you do decide to download IE8 and you have problems with auto complete then Roboform may be your answer, I know it was for me.

Has for using IE8 over IE7. I must admit I do find it faster now I have it working the way I want than IE7, to me it seems has fast as Firefox IMO. You may come across certain websites that will load up slow or have problems with IE8, but IE8 has a compatibility mode so that you can choose to display these websites correctly on IE8. I used to hardly use IE7, instead I used to use Firefox but since getting IE8 set up the way I want, I use IE8 more now than I used to with IE7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017