I E 7

chrisjohn 18:38 02 Feb 2006

has any one tried it,is it worth installing?

mattyc_92 18:41 02 Feb 2006

I tried it, and it stopped me from accessing the internet (even though I use FireFox as my main browser)

Had to use System Restore to recover my connection

Lettervanman 18:42 02 Feb 2006

Click on home page on this site,bugs in it already! I should wait a while!

Graham ® 19:21 02 Feb 2006

It's easy to revert to IE6, I've done it
click here

Graham ® 19:22 02 Feb 2006

Half way down!

phil 19:44 02 Feb 2006

I tried it last night and then took it off again.

The problem I had may be unique but it kept bringing up a dial up connection box for every web page element as each element loaded even though it was already connected.

Change to a different website and it did it all over again.

I checked my settings and could see nothing wrong. I thought it might be something to do with my PC's hardware ( Athlon 3200 64+, Asus board, Via Chipset, 1.25Gb memory, Geforce Graphic card and on board sound) but without knowing where to look I think I'll wait for the complete version before I try it again.

DerekR 20:07 02 Feb 2006

Got it on here - no problems whatsoever! It's a great improvement on IE6, but still some way behind FireFox!

Flying Teddy 20:09 02 Feb 2006

See PCA news click here

Belatucadrus 20:12 02 Feb 2006

phil, the connection box problem isn't unique to you and was one of the contributory factors to my removing it. The other was that at this moment it doesn't seem to offer any significant advantage over Firefox, still my browser of choice.

Graham ® 20:33 02 Feb 2006

I got the Connection box also. It lasted 10 minutes before I reverted to IE6. Shirley a common problem like this would have been obvious.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?