I can't use my PC, it says Reinstall windows?

Me&U22 09:38 25 May 2007

Hello all,

Last week i've downloaded spyware and then afterward i receievd a message which is called:

ERROR LOADING EXPLORRER.EXE you most reinstall windows.

when i click above another message appear which is this:

The MSVCRT.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL: rtlgt ntversion number.

The promblem is that i dont have any CD to install them. i'm completely lost, when i loging the message above appear i can not access to the disk top either.

i'm looking forward to hear some advice from you?

for more info i'm using windows 98.

Regards

recap 10:05 25 May 2007

When you say "Last week i've downloaded spyware" do you mean a software program or that your system is infected with spyware.

If it is the program unistall it re-boot the system and see if that helps.

One of the best prgrams to use is SpyBot S&D, click here for a free download.

mocha 10:13 25 May 2007

You need to know someone with a win98 computer, click here scroll down to Windows 98 section.

Me&U22 10:16 25 May 2007

Hi Recap,

Thanks for replaying basicully my PC has infected with Spyware and trojan. last week i downloaded spware software. i followed the instraction in the end i received little box it say you have to reinstall windows. which i cant do that because i do have any CD to use for windows installing.

and another thing is that i cant download anything because i dont have access e.g explorer, files, disktop etc.

Could please some tell me how to reinstall windows?

regads

Me&U

recap 10:23 25 May 2007

As mocha says, if you know somebody that has a Windows 98 disc you can use that as you do not need the one that came with your system, any will do. Boot up with the disc in the computer and try the suggestion from mochas link. If that doesn't work post back and we will see if we can help further.

mocha 10:24 25 May 2007

You could also try here for your corrupt file click here then follow the advice from my first message. Once you are up and running make sure your anti-virus is up to date, you have a Firewall installed and you have at least 2 anti spyware programs. recap has mentioned a good one. All these programs can be found for free on the internet.

johnnyrocker 10:25 25 May 2007

best bet would be to try a system restore, as far as i re call one boots into safe mode using F8 then scan/reg restore and you should be presented with a number of dates when pc was ok, just choose one of those snd the prob should go away.

johnny.

wee eddie 10:35 25 May 2007

What did you Download? It's exact Name.

What actually loads? Just a Black/blue Screen? W98se and then a Pop-up?

What Anti Virus do you have? What Firewall do you have? Are you running any other Security Programs and are they up to date?

mocha 10:36 25 May 2007

I presume you are using some other computer to mail the forum. I would suggest downloading the file I pointed to in my last mail, unzip it on other computer and copy it onto a floppy disk. You can then copy your new MSVCRT.DLL file onto your broken computer.

You cannot reinstall win98 without the CD.

wee eddie 10:42 25 May 2007

If the downloaded "Spyware" is actually some other form of "Malwear" then W98se may not be faulty at all.

We need to find out where we are first before jumping in

mocha 10:45 25 May 2007

click here for all your free security programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?