I cant access whats on my hard drive

rafael 13:36 15 Mar 2007

I have a problem accessing stuff on one of my hard drives. Heres what happened :

At first i had just 1 hard drive, with 120GB. It was nearly full up, with just a few GB of free space left.

My motherboard died so i bought a new one. But i knew that i had to reinstall Windows onto my hard drive for everything to be back to normal.

Because i didnt want to lose what was on my hard drive, i bought another one, with 13GB, to put Windows on, so that i could still keep everything on the original hard drive.

I installed Windows onto this new hard drive. Now i had 2 hard drives. Hard drive C, the new one(13GB) and the original one, D (120GB).

Hard drive D is still working fine, but with one big problem. Although i can still save things onto it, i cannot access all the stuff that i previously had. When i open Local Disk (D) and right click on the top left corner, the pie chart appears showing that i only have a few GB of free space, so i know that i have not lost any of what i had previously. The problem is that i cant get to any of it.

Of course, Windows was on this old hard drive. Ive basically removed it by going into the Windows folder and manually deleting everything there. Only a couple of things from the Windows folder remain, as i cant delete them. But it doesnt matter, i just want to access whats on the hard drive.

How do i do it?

VoG II 13:39 15 Mar 2007
  rafael 13:47 15 Mar 2007

I just want to add that the contents of Local Disk D doesnt include any folders or anything relating to all the data which is on that hard drive. When i highlight everything that appears as being inside it and right click and click properties, it all adds up to about 17GB, whereas the pie chart shows that there is 111GB on the drive. I cant even view anything relating to this extra 94GB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires