I bought a rewriter on ebay seller will not honour

fitzy- 2nd 08:04 08 Apr 2005

Hi.

I bought a DVD rewriter on ebay

When i bought the rewriter it came with a 1YEAR WARRANTY i even spoke to the seller and he guaranteed me that if anything went wrong with
the unit within the warranty period i was covered.

Well 4 months has past, the rewriter is not working properly, i emailed the guy tonight,
got a email back, which reads

Hi

Company i purchased the re-writers from is no longer trading and apologise as warranty was given by them.

As i bought the rewriter from the seller, isn't he accountable.

Grateful for any replies

Yoda Knight 08:18 08 Apr 2005

I would think that as he issued the guarantee it is his problem, and not the company that went bang

ACOLYTE 09:01 08 Apr 2005

You could try and track down the company he brought it from and see if they really gone out off business,if the guy lives far away another country say he may think you wont bother pursuing it,as to who is responsible IDK if he said the warranty was issued by the company and they have gone bust then there isn't a lot to be done however if he gave a warranty as well as the company one then you may have a case.But im by no means 100% sure.

€dstowe 12:13 08 Apr 2005

If your seller is working eBay on a commercial basis, then he is covered by the same legal obligations as any other business. Your purchase contract is with your seller, not who your seller buys from.

With private sales, the situation is different, unfortunately.

Indigo 1 12:18 08 Apr 2005

click here and scroll down to 'Ask a third party for some assistance', or look at the 'Community page' click here. Either way you should ask Ebay for advice on this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?