I av vmlite xp mode,avast installd.xp also secure?

Jwbjnwolf 18:30 11 Jan 2011
Answered

I have vmlite windows xp mode, I have avast installed straight onto win7 pro and in xp mode, obviously as it is on a virtual drive and not a real one, would xp mode still be protected by avast free anti-virus suite and zonealarm firewall?

I guess that it is not and although win7 will not be effected, if i installed avast and zonealarm on xp mode to protect that as well, would it clash with my avast and zonealarm that is already installed?

GaT7 19:03 11 Jan 2011
Answer

No, you'll need to install separate security programs in XP Mode. From click here:

"Even though it is a virtual environment, it is still susceptible to the same types of malicious software as a real system, and having anti-virus software on the host system will not protect the virtual system."

AFAIK, the two systems work independently of each other, so the their security programs won't clash. G

Jwbjnwolf 19:10 11 Jan 2011

Ok, I think i better do alot of moving all the start menu shortcuts around so they are completely seperated from my win7 stuff as mum is gona get so confused otherwise.

Man, as that the win7 dell is connected to net now, just noticed the new features of win7 that did not notice not on net. Think they are good but still, i am an xp and linux person.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?