I am still having problems dealing with .rar files

Triprajul 15:53 20 May 2010

Greetings:

First, I downloaded WINrar. Then, I downloaded all ten files for the film “Rear Window”. After the WINrar download and the file downloads, I right clicked on a file (part 1) and clicked “EXTRACT HERE” in WINrar. Yes, the files were uncompressed and I was able eventually (with some difficulty) to watch the film in KMPlayer. However, every time I want to watch the film again, I have to do the following:

1) I click on .rar (Part1) and then via a pop-up menu I click on OPEN WITH…and then next: WINrar Archiver.

2) Next, I see two WINrar folders. I click on the second folder. I click on the last file in the folder (a audio/video file). Next, a window pops up and I have to wait while each part is “extracted” or uncompressed. Finally, the film opens. I go through this every time I want to watch this film. However, there must be an easier method!

Questions for this Forum: How can I get the downloaded files to be permanently uncompressed or “extracted” on my computer? Next, how can I move them to the appropriate folder on my Hard Disk Drive and have them open for me instantly when I want to see a particular film? Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to reading your responses.

bremner 16:00 20 May 2010

It may be an issue with the original files.

Where did you download them from?

Sea Urchin 16:02 20 May 2010

I would suggest you do not keep opening new threads on the same subject - it gets very confusing for people trying to help you. This is at least the third one. I suggest you close the others and concentrate on one only.

click here

michaelw 16:07 20 May 2010

I've never had a problem with 7-Zip click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017