i am having problems with dialers

blueboy2uk 13:08 16 Nov 2005

i have tried all the uaual programms to remove them, i am using windows 2000 does it have system restore the same as xp if so should i turn it off , i have removed loads of items but they keep comming back any ideas please folks, and by the way if it has system restore where do i find it?.

thanks

Widows Son 13:12 16 Nov 2005

click here

Which should sort the problem out - although it's prob. as good excuse as you'll get to go broadband and disconnect your modem :)

Skyver 13:25 16 Nov 2005

No system restore in Win2k - probably spyware reloading itself. Try a scan with Ewido and install Spywareblaster and keep it up to date (click here to get both).
Finally, something to monitor your dial up settings;
Antidialer - click here

961 13:27 16 Nov 2005

1) I don't think windows 2000 has system restore

2) What are you using to remove these? Have you tried spywareblaster which should prevent re-ocurrence?

Widows Son 13:48 16 Nov 2005

you use BT. International calls they'll charge you £1.50 per month to block.

blueboy2uk 14:37 16 Nov 2005

sorry i think i used the wrong words,i am not using dial up internet i have broadband, the problem is what you call hijackers web pages open up all on their own,even if i am not using the internet and sometimes i find that there may be as many as 12 windows open one on top of the other, i have used microsoft anti spy, anti vir, the yarhoo task bar that has built in anti spy , crap cleaner , norton virus and a few others, should i unplug my broadband connection and run the programms or can you please advise of software that will do the job.

blueboy

Skyver 14:45 16 Nov 2005

Ewido has picked up more in one scan than Adaware or Spybot put together on every machine I've run it on so far. See above

Skyver 14:47 16 Nov 2005

And yes, disconnect broadband when Ewido has updated.

PaulB2005 14:47 16 Nov 2005

Spyware Blaster - click here - install, update, enable all protection, reboot.

That should stop a few nasties so they can be removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires