I am going to clear

rins36 23:53 13 May 2003

the smart media cards from the camera to the comp, should i

a) save to hard drive my pics or

b) save to 3.5 floppy then to cd, i want to beable to find the date etc of the pic taken,

I guess i know the answer already, but brain has gone into sleep mode on this one

crx1600 00:05 14 May 2003

rins36, your thread titles are never complete.

would anyone buy...

im going to clear...

is there a...

"Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject"

you'll get faster, better results buy describing better.

and in the future if someone tries to find info using the search, a properly described thread title will help them too.

watchful 08:14 14 May 2003

Well put.

bruno 08:46 14 May 2003

I created a folder on my desktop and called it latest pics.I save to this before I do anything else.I lost some important pics when I first got my camera through not saving quick enough.You then have all the time you want to play around.If I go to properties on any given photo it gives me all the information.I did not do anything to get this so it must come direct from the camera.It may work differently on another camera.

Diemmess 08:51 14 May 2003

Peering through the fog!
Suggest >

Make a new folder "camera" on your HD.

Always save from the camera to this folder.

Look at each picture..............

Either ..........save under unique name in folder where you keep your treasures (automatically dated by Windows unless you have re-edited)...........

or delete after first glance.

Switcher 09:02 14 May 2003

Always save to a folder on hard drive first.

Then you can do as wish afterwards depending on what level of backup security you wish to apply.

Lú-tzé 10:18 14 May 2003

I have a folder called Camera on the root of one of my HHDs - the same drive I use for my docs, emails, downloads, and any work I have created. Within this folder I then copy any pics taken into a folder with the name of the place / occasion the photos were taken.

Thus:

h:\camera\sister_birthday
is the directory structure.

That way it is easy to find particular photo sets.

Finally, I have a prog called Oscar's Renamer which renames the pics from the camera given name to the name I want. I believe that XP can do this but I have not yet explored the possibility.

Hope this is of some interest as a possible way forward for you.

y_not 20:18 14 May 2003

I use subfolders in "My pictures" to download to - save everything there and then make copies if I am going to edit any.

Looking at Adobe Photo Album as a friend says it is very good and searchable - yet to find out but if your interested click here

wee eddie 22:42 14 May 2003

Into My Pictures, then Burn a Special Cd when you have about 5mg.

just one addendum.

put each group of pics with a descriptive file name.

The important bit........ prefix each Folder name with the date in reverse order.

e.g. 03.05.14 - Surfing in Tahiti

rins36 22:52 14 May 2003

Thanks to all for the postings that gave me brill info on saving pics etc

I will ignore the negative ones

woodchip 22:59 14 May 2003

As Digi cameras save pics with numbers I would create folders for each set of pics, as you are bound to have the same numbers if they are taken at different times and occasions and they will over write if you are not careful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?