Hyperthreading Blue Screen of Death

Gary 20:49 11 Apr 2003

I have a new computer which has a P4 3.06Ghz processor with hyperthreading enabled and is running Windows XP Professional. It has the following additional components:
Creative 3D Titanium Ti4800 Graphics Card
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy2
Hauppauge WinTV PVR250 TV Tuner Card
56k Fax Modem

When I dial up to the Internet, I sometimes connect OK, but sometimes the computer crashes out to a blue screen of death with the following message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x 00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

If I disable hyperthreading in the BIOS this problem does not seem to occur. I have confirmed with the manufacturers of all the components that they do not have any problems running in a hyperthreading environment and they have all advised that using the latest drivers there should not be any problems. I have consequently downloaded all the new drivers and installed them but the problem persists. My supplier has also been investigating this also and has tried replacing the motherboard and memory, all without success.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem or how it might be resolved?

AMD 4 ever 21:13 11 Apr 2003

What PSU rating do you have and what brand?
Please post spec details i.e make of mobo, manufacturer of RAM, etc etc..hdd?

Sounds possibly like a chipset problem to be honest...what board will determine this.

Gary 21:24 11 Apr 2003

PSU - 500Watts
Processor - Intel P4 3.06Ghz
Motherboard - INTEL D845GBEV MOTHERBOARD

I hope that this is all the information you would like - please let me know if you want further details.

I will be extremely grateful for any help anyone can offer with this.

Gary

DieSse 01:19 12 Apr 2003

Have you read the many MS articles on these error messages.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone