Hyperlinks slow to respond

StuartReid 08:13 08 Mar 2006

I've been having an on-off problem for a few weeks which is really starting to annoy me! When clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2002, Internet Explorer v6 can sometimes take up to a couple of minutes to load and open the relevant web page. On the days when this is happening, it happens with each hyperlink that I click, not just with the first one.

During this time the taskbar is non-responsive when using the mouse, though pressing the Start button on the keyboard does bring up the Start menu. And by minimizing all the windows I can access icons on the desktop (it's just the taskbar that doesn't respond). Outlook and the open e-mail are also unresponsive during this time.

While I am waiting for the IE window to open in response to the hyperlink, I can happily launch IE separately, so it's not that the IE program itself is struggling to launch.

This problem happens most days, but not every day. I'm running Windows XP with SP2 on a Toshiba Tecra A5.

Anyone had anything similar, and how did you fix it?

Many thanks,
Stuart Reid

Furkin 08:37 08 Mar 2006

Hi,
I've been getting something similar for 2/3 weeks. I'm using BT B.B. I can get on to all the main 'home' sites,,,, but
1/ some links don't work at all (everything freezes for a while - then un-freezes after a while) or
2/ the links that do work, take for ages.
I am also on XP with SP2. When 'off-line' everything is fine,,,,
Both I.E & B.B take a while to load.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?