Running Windows XP, clicking on hyperlinks - on this and other sites, produces no response at all. This my sister's machine so I am not sure how long this has been happening or what recent changes have been made. Is it worth trying a restore point?
Thanks for your help. Nyleridedog - I'm not too sure what you mean when you say "close it, then open it up again". After typing in the file name, I clicked "go" and got a grey box which said "DllRegisterServer in URLMON.DLL succeeded" with an "ok" box, which I clicked. I repeated the whole process, but it has made no difference. Powerless - I went to the site as suggested and it gave me a whole set of files to try, but each time it simply asked what program to use to open them. No ideas I'm afraid! Woodchip - how do I repair IE? Thanks again to all for your help so far.
Thanks VoG. I've tried all those but only get a box asking what program I want to use to open the files and I don't what to use or even if the files should be opened. Thanks for your help - more is still needed!
Sorry about the slow response to your help. I'm back home now, so I can't really do much (my sister lives two hundred miles away...)but I'll try and sort this out remotely. Powerless, I'll copy your suggestion to her. VoG - typing regsvr32 urlmon.dll did bring up the response as in No 4 on your post and I clicked "ok". However I think I may have not followed instructions very well. I suspect that I did not type in "resvr32" before the other filenames like "Shell32.dll". Anyway, there is not much I can do now, but I'll have a go next time I visit up north. Thanks for your help.