Hyperlinking to Word document in Powerpoint 2000

ediface 15:09 07 Feb 2008

Hi can anyone help me?

I have 'hyperlinked' to a Word document in Powerpoint 2000 and, although the document has opened, it is minimised in the taskbar and I can only view it by stopping the presentation which is not ideal.

What I want is for the document to be displayed in full screen format, so that when I close it, I can revert to the Powerpoint slide that I opened the Word document with. (I have set the properties of the Word shortcut icon to 'maximised' but this hasn't helped).

This used to work in XP and now I am running Vista on a laptop, (I don't know whether this is the problem).

ps I haven't tried the presentation on a pc or laptop running XP yet.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marko797 15:14 07 Feb 2008

was to insert the word page into ppt slide which effectively was a separate ppt slide. I then hprlnked to it from the 'parent' ppt to ensure that it was scaled accordingly. It might not be the correct way of doing it, but it worked for me at the time.

ediface 15:29 07 Feb 2008

I have now tried the presentation on a pc running XP and the hyperlinking works! So it is obviously related to how Vista displays open files (the 'switch between windows' facility perhaps?).

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone