Hyperlink not working on a particular page

patrickj61 23:23 31 May 2017

I have Adobe Acrobat installed, but the hyperlink I click on a particular page don't open . Everytime I click on a link, I get "Page Not Found Sorry the page you are looking for is not available"

( Error 404 . )

Any help appreciated.

Patrick

wee eddie 23:43 31 May 2017

Remember, just a single letter, slash or point, out of place, will have that effect

wee eddie 23:47 31 May 2017

Remember, just a single letter, slash or point, out of place, will have that effect

wee eddie 23:47 31 May 2017

patrickj61 00:21 01 Jun 2017

Hi, The only thing is, my work colleague doesn't have that problem, and I can open it on my smartphone....?!

wee eddie 18:49 01 Jun 2017

q33ny 20:54 03 Jun 2017

If it is a work computer I would ask your IT team about it. If personal check with different browser.

lotvic 22:59 03 Jun 2017

Rightclick the link and choose copy Link location and then paste it into Notepad so you can scrutinize it/ do same on work colleagues pc and compare the two. Also try copy and paste, into Address bar of Browser and see if it works ok.

q33ny 09:24 04 Jun 2017

The link is OK as he is saying that works perfect on the colleague's computer. I suspect that it might be something with the browser on that pc. Try also right click on the link and select 'Save linked content as...' See if saving it works.

lotvic 14:33 04 Jun 2017

q33ny,

link is OK as he is saying that works perfect on the colleague's computer

We don't know the link, in that page, in that particular browser, with whatever Adblocks and Add-ons are installed is ok

As you are a newbie to the forum, please note: In common with most Tech Forums we tend, as a group effort, to use a type of RCA to methodically identify and advise on the correction of root causes of problems, rather than to simply address the symptomatic result or make wild assumptions.

patrickj61, Please say which Browsers are involved. Also copy and paste on here the link you are having problems with so we may try it out.

BRYNIT 15:49 04 Jun 2017

Don't know if it will help but have a read of what does the 404 not found error mean CLICK HERE

One of the suggestions is to "Delete the browser cache and cookies: If you can access the website from another device, and the HTTP 404 error only seems to appear on a certain computer, then the problem could lie with your browser. Therefore, you should delete the browser cache as well as all cookies for this site, and this may then finally allow you to access the page"

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires