Hyperlink not working

flobby 11:01 28 Dec 2005

Hi All,
Since installing Windows XP Pro(SP 2), I cannot get my links to work from my Emails.
If I have my browser open (Internet Explorer) the links will work, but if it is not open they don't
I have NTL broadband so it is on permanently and it used to work before XP Pro. Thanks Flobby

VoG II 11:05 28 Dec 2005

click here - applies to Outlook Express as well.

flobby 11:16 28 Dec 2005

Hi VoG
I have done that, as I looked up past posts and this was your reply, but it will still only use the link when the browser is open,
Cheers, Flobby

VoG II 11:20 28 Dec 2005
  woodchip 11:23 28 Dec 2005

Put your Win XP disc in Comp and from run, Type

SFC /SCANNOW

woodchip 11:25 28 Dec 2005

Morning VoG™ hope you had a good rest over the holiday

flobby 13:29 28 Dec 2005

Hi VoG & Woodchip,
Have done as Vog's mail the only differance is that I do not get the prompt "Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Do you wish to make it the default?"
Also ran "SFC /SCANNOW" with the XP disc and still no change.
IF I download Mozilla Firefox and use instead of IE and Outlook Express cure this?
Cheers, Flobby

woodchip 13:36 28 Dec 2005

No Firefox does not have a Mail Server but Netscape 7.2 does I use this as you do not have the problems you get with IE. I stoped using it because of the problems you are having I only use it for Windows Update now.

click here

flobby 13:54 28 Dec 2005

Hi Woodchip,
Have you had any experience with Thunderbird (Which I believe is the Mozilla Firefox mail server.)
Cheers.Flobby

woodchip 13:58 28 Dec 2005

Both them are derivatives or open source Netscape

flobby 14:04 28 Dec 2005

Thank You both for your time and concern.
I will try out Firefox and Thunderbird later on this afternoon and hope that it is successful.
Cheers Again
Flobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?