Hw 2 remov intrusive message frm MS frm Desktop?

Triprajul 09:10 30 Oct 2009

Greetings:

Recently, I received this message from Miscosoft:

"You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of Windows did not pass genuine Windows validation."

This message is stuck on the bottem of my Desktop. Recently my computer totally crashed and the guys at the local computer shop fixed it. I strongly suspect that they put (Ha,HA) on a bootleg version of Windows. Shortly after I got my computer back, I clicked on a pop-up that said "Free upgrades for Windows" from MS but instead of free updates, I got the message from Bill. I spoke to the guys at the shop where my computer got fixed and told me that no one uses original software so don't worry about it and the message on my desktop was just a mild form of harrassment from Big Brother MS. Well, I don't like it. I feel that Bill and his friends have invaded my computer. Question: Besides buying the Real Windows OS (i.e., responding to this harrassment), is there any other way of getting this message off my desktop? Please note that I now know how to turn "Automative Upsets" reminders completely off but I am stuck with that infuriating message on my desktop right now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

oldbeefer2 09:36 30 Oct 2009

Google 'turn off WGA' - there are lots of links.

rdave13 10:05 30 Oct 2009

Double posting; click here

intense 00:49 03 Nov 2009

I know how to remove this annoyance but it wouldn't be right for me to tell you how... you need to return to the shop and fire some f**ks into them until they give you legal copy of windows.
How dare any shop or any IT professional tell you that it is OK to run an illegal copy of windows!
Whatever you think about Microsoft you are breaking the law by owning this copy and whatever you think about the shop you bought it from, they are breaking the law!

Kevscar1 18:33 03 Nov 2009

Lets face it if they have used pirate software there,s a good chance that whatever pieces they have installed and charged you for as new are not.
If they are happy to rip-off Microsoft then they won't have any qualms in ripping you off.

Forum Editor 22:52 03 Nov 2009

in another forum area, as rdave13 has pointed out. Please don't open new threads on the same subject - you have been provided with plenty of advice in your other thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?