Huntly floral fund update

Holographic_man 15:14 22 Mar 2004

Have done some more tweaking to click here still not had the site proof read yet, but see what you think.

Thanks Adrian

Taran 18:29 22 Mar 2004

I've not spent a lot of time looking through it, but early impressions are very positive.

One point I'd mention is that your layout does not degrade to 800x600 and requires a 1024x768 screen resolution to view it without horizontal scrolling.

NetObjects can control page size and also whether or not to use dynamic content which will collapse the page in relation to the screen size it is being viewed on.

I'll go through it a bit more thoroughly either late this evening or perhaps tomorrow night. I'm a little pushed for time between now and then so I can't offer a more in-depth review, but I like what I see so far.

IClaudio 19:00 22 Mar 2004

So you decided to keep Times Roman? Still doesn't look right...

And are you sure that in 2034 you'll want 30 ‘Year’ links on the Navbar as well as all the other links?

There must be a nicer way of laying out the Accounts page, rather than the long vertical table you have at the moment. Ah, I’m using Firefox – just looked at the page in IE and it’s better… I suppose FireFox users will be resigned to seeing wierd page layouts, that's our fault for being out-of-step with the rest of the world ;)

I'm not sure about the green 'Link' colour, it seems a bit pale - I can read it, but I wouldn't be so confident about someone with a colour recognition deficiency having an easy time with it.

On the 'Sponsors' Page, I think the link to the individual websites from the entry in the table is enough, without also having a link on the Navbar. And the Symbols Guide should be more accessible, maybe on the main ‘Sponsors’ page.Wherever you decide to put the Symbols chart, you should employ a table to keep them aligned.

Getting there, though!

Forum Editor 19:44 22 Mar 2004

changed the font to Verdana you would see an immediate improvement.

I'm rushing at the moment, I'll take another good look later.

Holographic_man 21:42 22 Mar 2004

I have changed it to verdana!

Forum Editor 22:21 22 Mar 2004

in Times New Roman on my machine - cache cleared, before anyone suggests that.

Holographic_man 22:48 22 Mar 2004

Can NOF show verdana and still load up with another font?

Holographic_man 22:53 22 Mar 2004

Not sure what you mean IClaudio with this 2034 all I have put up is 2002 2003 2004.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:11 22 Mar 2004

To change it to Veranda (as I see you are using a NOF template) click on 'style' at the top of the page. Untick the 'read only' box. Now you can alter the properties of the template.

Click 'text' at the top of the template page, and make the alterations to the text styles.

Good luck, Whiz...

Holographic_man 23:23 22 Mar 2004

barryoneoff.co.uk do I have to do all the items.

Thanks

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:32 22 Mar 2004

Just click on the items you need changing. eg Body text. Mind you, if you want to change the lot, it wont do any harm. You can always change them back again.

Dont forget to change your font size, Veranda appears much bigger than Times NR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?