Humax PVR lost all recordings

Ian in Northampton 10:07 14 Jun 2014

I have a Humax PVR that has lost all its recordings. I went to delete something from the recordings list last night, and the PVR froze/hung. I unplugged it and rebooted it - and now there's nothing in the recordings library. I fear that the library may have got over-full (my wife's away, and I've been recording endless episodes of Coronation Street and Doctors for her... :-( ) and become corrupt. The question is: does anyone know of any way of retrieving the recordings before she files for divorce?

SparkyJack 11:11 14 Jun 2014

You could Google Humax support. Also search the tools/setup functions and of course read the manual ---If you can find it;-)

Ian in Northampton 11:31 14 Jun 2014

Thanks SparkyJack. I've trawled the various menus, without joy. Manual? What's one of those? :-) Yep, I think I'll contact Humax support - but in the interim, if anyone has any further thoughts...

Ian in Northampton 12:02 14 Jun 2014

MechKB 2: LOL. Yes, she is a big user of catch up TV, but she'll be away 6 weeks in total, and while some programs remain available for an extended period of time, others don't. Goodness knows when she thinks (thought...) she'd have time to watch 1,264 episodes of Coronation Street and 971 episodes of Doctors... I've emailed Humax support.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:22 14 Jun 2014

Model Number? Fox T2?

Unless you have formatted the drive the recordings will all be there. It is probably just the index screwed.

The most likely way to sort it out (and there is no guarantee that it can be sorted) is to install the custom firmware and use fix-disk.

Ian in Northampton 13:30 14 Jun 2014

Fruit Bat /\0/\ thanks. It's a somewhat aged T9200, which Humax no longer support in terms of software updates - it's running a 2010 version. Yep, I thought it might be the index too. I'm really not up for installing custom firmware: altho' the recordings are apparently lost, the PVR is still working - so, given my clumsiness, I'd rather not turn it into a brick...

Batch 13:33 14 Jun 2014

You could try the humax forums at humax.org

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 14 Jun 2014

I have a T9200 No custom software for this, the drive is probably a sata (very early ones had IDE)

Easy to remove the drive couple to PC and copy the files .ts using 9200TReadFiles from the wiki site linked.

You don't need to do the mod to usb.

Ian in Northampton 13:53 14 Jun 2014

Thanks guys. Batch: I'll try that. Fruit Bat /\0/\: I'm not allowed to use screwdrivers... :-( Thanks anyway.

woodchip 15:34 14 Jun 2014

I have Humax, things to try change the setting back to default, turn off box then remove 240v plug over night. Just had to fit a new Sata to my box as it could not find the drive

Ian in Northampton 12:31 15 Jun 2014

Thanks woodchip - I may well give that a try. Someone on the Humax forums suggested a similar approach: he boots his PVR, and there's no recordings library - he reboots it, and the library reappears... It sometimes strikes me: if Windows was as reliable as the PVR software I've experienced (across three manufacturers), the PC revolution of the last 20 years would never have got off the ground...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017