Huge AVG Free update

Carafaraday 08:59 17 Jan 2006

There seem to be a huge AVG optional update this morning. Can anyone advise me as to whether this is necessary/advisable? I am on dial-up.

Thanks.

Quilljar 09:08 17 Jan 2006

Updates of AVG and all anti-virus programs are always necessary. especially if large. It means that you are protected against the very latest virulent attacks.

If broadband is available in your area, why not get onto it immediately? It is cheap now and you will never regret it.

Carafaraday 09:13 17 Jan 2006

Thanks - will go ahead.

avesnes 11:12 17 Jan 2006

I've downloaded this update onto a USB memorystick using broadband at work. I plan to install the update on a dialup PC at home. Do I need to uninstall the previous version of AVG on that machine before installing the update?
Many thanks for anycomment/guidance.

Quilljar 14:01 17 Jan 2006

I have AVG and broadband and I have not noticed any huge downlkoad. It will have just downloaded and installed automatically over my existing AVG. I am sure it is no different from other updates merely because it is large.

MuDelta 14:32 17 Jan 2006

Try now, I think you will find the massive update mentioned by Carafaraday.

D

pj123 15:41 17 Jan 2006

Although it came out yesterday I got it this morning. Quite a comprehensive update and also requires a restart, so I am sure you would have noticed it Quilljar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?