Hudl2 ... won't VoIP ! :-(

AngeTheHippy 07:53 17 Dec 2014
Answered

Morning Chaps,

Husband bought a Hudl2 because his soundcard on the lappy packed up and he's a user of Skype (calls relatives in Europe) and for those older rellies that don't have a lappy he uses VoIP - VoIPwise to be exact. Skype works perfectly well, but he can't get VoIPwise to work correctly. He seems to connect OK, he knows this cos the running total of funds available is slowly diminishing during the calls,but he can't hear them - he uses headphones & mic. Disconnecting those he STILL can't hear them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ta muchley,

AngeTheHippy

northumbria61 11:32 17 Dec 2014
Answer

Hi - I don't have a Hudl2 and it is several years since I used Skype but have you checked your Audio Settings in Skype? Under the Call Tab choose Audio Settings and check the volume of both the Microphone and Speakers - adjust if necessary.

AngeTheHippy 12:35 17 Dec 2014

HiYa northumbria61 and thank you for answering. I've cracked it! Another app was needed, mobile VoIP and it works perfectly! I've tried calling a mobile (works), and a landline (also works) but earphones ARE necessary, both those I called I heard them clearly, and they heard me clearly.

Merry Crimbo!

AngeTheHippy X

northumbria61 13:43 17 Dec 2014

Pleased to hear you have got it sorted and a Merry Christmas to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?