Http error 403

KeithMV 23:36 14 Oct 2003

Can anyone help me please. Last week I installed CNET download manager as a replacement for Download Accel +, After downloading 1 program, everytime I wanted another download it would not even open the page let alone allow me to download a file or program. I went through the settings and found on the last page a little bit that said Allow CNET download manager manage your account and download only CNET SECURITY Programs or something like that. I changed the setting to stop this, but even then I could not get past the message
"HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden"

I then removed it and made DAP my download manager again, but still this would not free the page up. Today, I have uninstalled Internet Explorer Twice, Outlook Express Twice and I still can not get back my rights to viewing.
I sent CNET an E-mail and guess what NO REPLY!

Has anyone else heard of this type of thing and can ANYONE Help my get rid of this barrier please.

smegs 01:34 15 Oct 2003

click here ,this site explains it

smegs 01:36 15 Oct 2003
  KeithMV 15:06 15 Oct 2003

Many thanks smegs, that article was very good but I did not understand most of it too technical for me. So I went on web and found out I could make an amendment to Zone Alarm, which worked out fine. Many thanks again.
Keith

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache