HTML help how to?

Daxsimus 23:51 01 Nov 2005

Hi,

Is there any software out there, hopefully free, that can convert text and images created in word/wordpad/notepad for example into html code so I can just copy and paste to the web.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Forum Editor 23:56 01 Nov 2005

where you'll get your answer.

Forum Editor 00:00 02 Nov 2005

is 'No'.

There are certainly many programs that will create HTML code for you, but not from a Notepad/Word document - you'll need to work with a user interface, and there are rules and conventions governing the way the code is published to the web-server. You can't just dump a lot of code onto a server and expect it to run as a web site.

Creating a site is pretty easy, making it into a good site is a little more difficult. If you need more specific help or advice just come back here and ask.

djinn 19:07 02 Nov 2005

I'd forgotten all about this until I saw a post in a newsgroup the other day.......

click here

There's a new version in beta at the moment, probably safer going with the older version for the time being until the new version has been thoroughly tested.

I had this, a few of years ago - it was probably as good as any of the commercial products then.

Cheers

Daxsimus 21:05 02 Nov 2005

Thanks for all the advice.
And thanks djinn i'll try that software see how I get on.
Dax.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?