HPscanjet won't install

canard 06:08 28 Mar 2006

It starts to install and then illegal operation comes up-....in module unknown.........stackdump errorsetc. Help would be much appreciated-Win98 SE.

xania 08:51 28 Mar 2006

This is most certainly due to a damage system file of some sort. Try running SFC /scannow from START/RUN - you will need to have your OS install CD ready.

canard 13:42 28 Mar 2006

SFC turned up nothing xania- wot a headbanger!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:05 28 Mar 2006

Had similar problems trying to install a HP scanjet5300 onto a HP laptop with HP software they would not talk to each other, scanner not found etc..

I was trying to install using parallel cable no joy but worked when ran with USB cable.

xania 08:52 29 Mar 2006

What model, and does the error message give an error code?

SOmetimes, problems that SFC cannot find are corrected by re-installing Windows over-the-top. It might be worth spending 30 minutes giving that a try - you will lose nothing and you have everything to gain.

conrail 09:10 29 Mar 2006

try this click here enter your model and download the latest drivers, I have the scanjet3400c which wont run under windows without updating the driver, I dont get your error message my message says scanner not found, hope it helps

conrail 09:13 29 Mar 2006

sorry above should read windows xp

canard 23:29 29 Mar 2006

It's HP scanjet 3800- no prob with drivers - had to wait for the model until it was distributed to retailers so the drivers must have been up to date. The scanner was working with the PC before I had to wipe disc and reinstall.
The message was error in module unknown with lots of numbers following then stack dump and more nos. Scanner installed happily on older win98SE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?