HP5150 printer and coloured paper

hatrickj 10:02 08 May 2009

I have been trying to print on A5 tellow paper and getting out of paper and jammed messages with the printer sometimes printing a minute or two later after I cancelled the print. On a friend's advice I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer.

As yet i am unable to see if that works, but have seen an article that red/yellow paper is not liked by the printer's sensors.

Have others had similar wzperience and are other makes likely to have similar problems?

provider 2 12:56 08 May 2009

Several problems with quality and size of paper but none relating to colour (I think):

click here

hatrickj 16:34 08 May 2009

@provider2

Thanks anyway for the link, but the source of my comment came from HP Business section
click here

I actually was asking if other makes of printer may have similar difficulties with certain colurs, just in case the HP could be giving up the ghost gradually or quicker.

provider 2 16:44 08 May 2009

hatrickj,

Oh, right. That seems fairly definite.

I thought there might be something here, but haven`t looked carefully enough yet:

click here

Graphicool1 16:50 08 May 2009

No problems with...
Epson Stylus Color 3000
or
Epson Photo Stylus Color 400
or
Epson Photo 915
or
Canon Pixma 160 or 170

jack 18:15 08 May 2009

Have nothing to do with colour that's for sure
But paper surface finish may and the size accuracy may.

Especially with a HP machine with its bottom feed and convoluted paper track.
Make sure the paper is well Fanned[to make sure sheets are separated and well 'knocked up' and square to ensure the paper is feeding square- especially small sizes.

If you have cut to the paper to size from A4 stock
try printing the document 2 up and cut later or print and turn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017