HP3822 Printer not working on Vista

spencer boy 23:46 25 Nov 2007

hi all,

just got a new HP vISTA pC - trying to install my HP desktop 3822 printer on it but having problems.

The pc finds the printer when i stick the usb cable in - and installs the drivers with no problem. It says it is fully installed and ready to use with the correct printer. In the printer control panel - its there with a green tick. So no problem there. Even the HP driver program says its fine.

But when i print the test page or anything - it doesnt actually go to my printer. If i set the printer off line and print to it - the print is spooled in teh queue with no problem. Just when i switch in online again - it says it printed but goes now where. The printer is linked to teh USB port. Cant see a problem anywhere except its not going to the printer.

any ideas?

the only thing i have noticed - is that when teh print in in the spool (printer is offline)- looking at the port details of the print - it is blank and not saying USB. Not sure if that has anything to do with it although the printer details has teh USB port ticked.

cheers spence.

spencer boy 07:32 26 Nov 2007

any1?

Crash 17:32 26 Nov 2007

try this click here

spencer boy 20:48 26 Nov 2007

ta for reply. i found this and tried it - installed the alternative ok - but it printed out crap at the top line - so quickly deleted that printer lol

spencer boy 23:06 29 Nov 2007

sortede now - they sent me instructions which worked. problem was deleting drivers and installing the alternative one correctly

Crash 23:24 29 Nov 2007

No problem glad you got it sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?