hp1220c problem

David-262513 22:57 24 Sep 2006

Printer installed and works, but only feeds paper/card.
Will not accept glossy paper.
Do not have a manual or disk...installed via win XP.
Any suggestions?

Graham. 23:19 24 Sep 2006

Driver click here

Graham. 23:21 24 Sep 2006

Manual click here

DieSse 23:40 24 Sep 2006

Try the manual rear feed (top feed it's called in the manual)

Clean the large rubber feed rollers - you can see these if you look at the back of the paper feed tray. In many HP printers you can readily remove the feed tray to get better access.

Clean the firmly with a damp cloth (HP say use distilled water - but I never have!).

If the rubber rollers have become a little "glazed" with use (this is not a new printer, I assume) - then you can use an interesting method to clean the rollers (which HP once used on some earlier models that had bad rubber rollers fitted).

Get a new, dry, kitchen washing up pad - the type thats non-metallic, but coarse and rough. Clean the rollers with that - it loosens and removes any surface film on the rollers, and gives them a very slight roughness. You can hold the pad onto the rollers whilst pressing the paper feed button. Run a few blank sheets of paper through the printer to remove any bits of dirt.

I've successfully used the kitchen cleaner trick on several older HP printers, which have then worked fine for a long time afterwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?