hp1010 on windows 7

catpwss 11:19 22 Jan 2011

just bought a new laptop windows 7,Got it to work wireless okay to my belkin router,Now I cant share my hp1010 printer.Tried dowloading updates with no luck any one got any ideas please,The hp1010 is asigned to the main pc 'dersktop' running xp pro.
Thanks.c.

bremner 11:58 22 Jan 2011

Why not get a printer server you would then not have to worry about having the main PC on all the time click here

catpwss 12:10 22 Jan 2011

Yea,Thanks for that,How does one go and set it up Is it easy as I'm not very techy.
Thanks.

peugeot man 12:11 22 Jan 2011

Have you set up network sharing to the main pc 'desktop' running xp pro ?

I have a HP1018 printer and had the same problem you are having when I tried to print from my netbook using home network.

I did get it to work and although I can't remember exactly how, I do remember it was to do with sharing and permissions and access to the main PC.

Just had another thought! Go to control panel, highlight the 1010 printer, the click on "print server properties", click the advanced tab, advanced settings, security. Check that you and your laptop are listed in the user names and that the permissions are set correctly.

bremner 12:28 22 Jan 2011

Setting them up is fairly straighforward and you usually get good instructions.

Although the example I have given is for a wireless server if you printer is very close to your router then I would advise getting a wired one.

v1asco 12:38 22 Jan 2011

I have just installed photosmart plus on the desktop. To get it to work on the laptop I just used the cd provided and installed the software on laptop, no problems. Mine allgoes via my wi-fi router.

catpwss 12:43 23 Jan 2011

Thanks all for your help,tried all methods provided.
Sorry to say i have failed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?